Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself.....
OLD American Century / White Rose Society message boards > Political Discussion forums > Welcome New Members!
JayHawk
Hi there ! My name is......not important. What is important is participation. I'm fairly new to blogs and/or forums of this kind, so please bear with me while I "get the feel of things". I'd rather not reveal all too much about myself, my origin or current location if you don't. My handle could give an indication of my origin. As they say.....just google it. On second thought, please don't google it. The results may, again, be all too revealing. I can and would like to say this much though, our work is cut out for us. History is repeating itself, albut very subtley. No wang bang thank you maam Reich this time 'round. No. America is, correction, has been very slowly slipping into the realm of fascism. While this is happening, only a minor percentage of us can actually see what is happening. Imagine living in the woods. The trees and bushes and such grow very slowly, so that you can hardly notice the change. But if you leave the woods and go, say, to live in the wide open for an extended period of time and then one day you return to your old place in the woods : boom ! Man, you notice a few trees missing and some have grown up to be really majestic and beautiful trees. The footpaths are all grown over, etc. I'm sure you get the picture I'm portraying here. Well, it's the same with fascism. I'm not suggesting we all go to live in Greece for ten years so we can come back home to see exactly what's going down, in America, and elsewhere. No, not a requirement. Just relax for a while and try to drop all misconceptions, all false information you've been fed from the beginning and try to listen. Put your ear to the ground and try to hear the thunder of the the approaching storm. Stay open for new ideas. The truth is out there somewhere. Oh, and one last bit of advice....read read read. But be selective of what you read. The daily news is one thing, Gangs of America by Ted Nance or "On the Justice of Roosting Chickens" by Ward Churchill are quite an other thing and perhaps more informative in the long run. Oops, have I outed myself ? Looking forward to some constructive exchanges - out in the open - as we all are here. Bringem on Junior !
RobJohnson
welcome.
JayHawk
thanks Rob !
TheStripey1
Welcome Aboard, Jay...
JayHawk
thanks Stripey
dori
I am a week late and a newbie myself, but welcome.
TheStripey1
QUOTE (dori @ Thursday, 19 May 2005, 2:04 pm)
I am a week late and a newbie myself, but welcome.

As far as I can tell, we are all pretty much NOT newbies to forums, just new here...

Welcome aboard, Dori...

biggrin.gif
dori
Thanks Stripey. ALWAYS good to see you!

Nice forum here, isn't it!
TheStripey1
yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!! twisted.gif Jus' wait til you see what happens to the occasional winger troll that happens by.... heh heh heh... twisted.gif that Doc is a sight to behold... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

dori
I am having a bit of a problem with one right now.

What makes these people swim out of their own pond? Is the water fresher over here?

Oh yeah, it is!
TheStripey1
Right wingers foul their own waters... that's why they come here... and because we like ours crystal clear, we send them packing back to their pollution...

twisted.gif
JayHawk
pls allow me to add one short message to my intro :

I did not have sex with that Troll !!

Honestly.
agelessannie
Oh Boy. Am I confused? You could say so! I finally got tired of bringing up my blogpage and wondering why my sidebar banner from LiberalForum.org was never on the page.......till I clicked on it (for the gazillionth time) and it was still telling me --- Kaput! So I turned to our good friend, Google. And here I am. And happy to learn you just can't put a good leftwinger down. Yay!!

I am replying to the first post on the list for newbies. I am 10 minutes old to this site. I hope you will give me a break, I am just so doggone anxious to barge in now that I am registered here I decided I'd announce myself---whether this is the correct way to do it, or not. Hope that's OK.

I started my first website about seven years ago. But since playing with my blogpage for about three-plus years I don't do much with my "home" site except find nasty things to post on it about BushCo, and also keep my [favorite] blog archives stored on The Mousetrap's start page.

I voted for the first time in 1952 -- for Big Daddy Eisenhower. And even voted once or twice for other Republicans, but I saw the light ------ yes indeedy. I am not as "peppy" as I used to be so I can only help the Democratic party in small ways...mostly by the Internet, writing letters, signing petitions, etc etc. Well, I am sure all the members here know what I mean, right??

OK then, I will sign off now and hope wherever this post lands someone will see it, so if that's the case.....Hello, and here's to a happy, successful and really really great mid-term election this coming November. November 2006 -- this is going to be our stepping stone to a Democratic president in 2008. You betcha!!

sky of mind
WELCOME TO THE
POAC/WRS

AGELESSANNIE!

Don't worry about being a newby.
I'm sure in no time you'll be running the place!

thumbup.gif

wiretapthisDMW
QUOTE(sky of mind @ Wednesday, 5 April 2006, 11:09 am) [snapback]51075[/snapback]

WELCOME TO THE
POAC/WRS

AGELESSANNIE!

Don't worry about being a newby.
I'm sure in no time you'll be running the place!

thumbup.gif

I made her own welocme page smile.gif

Cool website annie!
rcorporon
Who dug this dinosaur up?

Why does it have over 100k views??
yankhadenuf
QUOTE(JayHawk @ Thursday, 12 May 2005, 5:58 am) [snapback]16755[/snapback]

Hi there ! My name is......not important. What is important is participation. ... While this is happening, only a minor percentage of us can actually see what is happening. Imagine living in the woods. The trees and bushes and such grow very slowly, so that you can hardly notice the change. But if you leave the woods and go, say, to live in the wide open for an extended period of time and then one day you return to your old place in the woods : boom ! Man, you notice a few trees missing and some have grown up to be really majestic and beautiful trees. The footpaths are all grown over, etc. I'm sure you get the picture I'm portraying here. Well, it's the same with fascism.... Looking forward to some constructive exchanges - out in the open - as we all are here. Bringem on Junior !

Welcome aboard Jayhawk! Happy to see your "newbie" introduction (tee-hee) biggrin.gif . Have seen you around these here parts for awhile and appreciate your insights. May I be so bold to add another feature to your above illustration?>>> we go back home and see a HOME-GROWN grizzly bear in our old stomping grounds , the woods.( Remember Reagan's stupid commercial about "THE BEAR IN THE WOODS"? Is he there? Isn't he there? Domino theories , commies invading us on our own turf and all that jazz.) Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be saying along with the minor percentage (us, I hope wink.gif ) "Yes, there IS a bear in our woods, and he was born a cute little cub and raised in the same woods we were born and live in, and he pretends to be our friend Smokey the Bear, but he is not , he is a GRIZZLY BEAR and will tear you from limb to limb and take what is yours. He is just like his best friend the BIG BAD WOLF, who was born in the SAME WOODS as we were". To paraphrase Cheney, "THERE IS NO DOUBT, the enemy is within". Looking forward to many more conversations from you Jayhawk... I'm sure that will help make that
percentage of ours grow cool.gif
Again, welcome!
Yank smile.gif
net addict
QUOTE(rcorporon @ Saturday, 8 April 2006, 4:28 am) [snapback]51450[/snapback]

Who dug this dinosaur up?

Why does it have over 100k views??

that is alot of views!

post harvesting maybe?
Sara
Hello JayHawk

Welcome to the board smile.gif
fedup
QUOTE(JayHawk @ Thursday, 12 May 2005, 5:58 am) [snapback]16755[/snapback]

Hi there ! My name is......not important. What is important is participation. I'm fairly new to blogs and/or forums of this kind, so please bear with me while I "get the feel of things". I'd rather not reveal all too much about myself, my origin or current location if you don't. My handle could give an indication of my origin. As they say.....just google it. On second thought, please don't google it. The results may, again, be all too revealing. I can and would like to say this much though, our work is cut out for us. History is repeating itself, albut very subtley. No wang bang thank you maam Reich this time 'round. No. America is, correction, has been very slowly slipping into the realm of fascism. While this is happening, only a minor percentage of us can actually see what is happening. Imagine living in the woods. The trees and bushes and such grow very slowly, so that you can hardly notice the change. But if you leave the woods and go, say, to live in the wide open for an extended period of time and then one day you return to your old place in the woods : boom ! Man, you notice a few trees missing and some have grown up to be really majestic and beautiful trees. The footpaths are all grown over, etc. I'm sure you get the picture I'm portraying here. Well, it's the same with fascism. I'm not suggesting we all go to live in Greece for ten years so we can come back home to see exactly what's going down, in America, and elsewhere. No, not a requirement. Just relax for a while and try to drop all misconceptions, all false information you've been fed from the beginning and try to listen. Put your ear to the ground and try to hear the thunder of the the approaching storm. Stay open for new ideas. The truth is out there somewhere. Oh, and one last bit of advice....read read read. But be selective of what you read. The daily news is one thing, Gangs of America by Ted Nance or "On the Justice of Roosting Chickens" by Ward Churchill are quite an other thing and perhaps more informative in the long run. Oops, have I outed myself ? Looking forward to some constructive exchanges - out in the open - as we all are here. Bringem on Junior !

Hello and welcome. You may find many here who do not see the changes as subtle. More than a few view it more like clear-cutting a forest than watching the grass grow and believe the thunderous noise is from the growing numbers screaming, STOP THE MADNESS!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2007 Invision Power Services, Inc.