Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brand new member
OLD American Century / White Rose Society message boards > Political Discussion forums > Welcome New Members!
Dave Ward
I'm brand-new here. Never been here before. Nope, not me.

I just signed up and though I'd say hullo. So, hullo!

--Dave Ward (who a long time ago used to be known sometimes as "Rev. Day-Bu")
POAC
QUOTE(Dave Ward @ Monday, 5 November 2007, 9:10 pm) *

Well hello stranger.
seuss
hi... interesting intro...
sounds like you expect to be mistaken for someone else.

welcome to the forum.
sky of mind
Welcome Dave Bu. thumbup.gif
Jack
QUOTE(Dave Ward @ Monday, 5 November 2007, 7:10 pm) *

Here comes trouble.
Dave Ward
QUOTE(POAC @ Monday, 5 November 2007, 7:34 pm) *
Well hello stranger.

hehe... Hello!

What with it being precisely a year until we choose a new president -- hopefully through an actual democratic process of vote-counting for a change -- I've been getting the old political bug up my backside. And talking politics on the professional photographer forums is just too easy. The few flying' monkeys over there are rather slow and stupid, even by FMR standards. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Hell, easier -- it's like stomping on slugs.

So with a year left before, hopefully, we get a new start, it seemed like a good time to come back.

Damn, I'm member 7,952 now? Wow. Didn't I used to have a number in the teens or something?

I still have a folder full of all the old avatars, graphics and texts. I've kept some of it on my hard drive all this time. It's a handy reference collection, for sure! Still have the tee-shirt, too. "Liberals have V-D." Hehe...
Anyway, yep, I'm back, at least kinda sorta. If that's okay, I mean.
sky of mind
Do you think Libertarians are groovy?
Oh what the hell, either way I think it outta be cool.

BTW. I don't know if you remember me. But I got my ass banned my first day here.
I didn't know how things worked, and the Mods got pissy real quick.

A few days later TJ sent me an e-mail and asked me to give it another shot.
Since then more than 21,000 posts have my name on them, (many more than that cause the site crashed some time back) and I've learned more than I thought possible for a know it all.

Anyway, welcome.

Rousseau
Welcome to a ringside seat for the re-birth of a true American republican Democracy as the Nero-cons are flushed down into the nifty plumbing and back out into the darkness. Or a circus, where hopefully we'll get to cheer on the lions.
One of the two.

It's not the end of civilisation, but you can see it from here...............................
POAC
QUOTE(Dave Ward @ Monday, 5 November 2007, 10:32 pm) *
hehe... Hello!

What with it being precisely a year until we choose a new president -- hopefully through an actual democratic process of vote-counting for a change -- I've been getting the old political bug up my backside. And talking politics on the professional photographer forums is just too easy. The few flying' monkeys over there are rather slow and stupid, even by FMR standards. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Hell, easier -- it's like stomping on slugs.

So with a year left before, hopefully, we get a new start, it seemed like a good time to come back.

Damn, I'm member 7,952 now? Wow. Didn't I used to have a number in the teens or something?

I still have a folder full of all the old avatars, graphics and texts. I've kept some of it on my hard drive all this time. It's a handy reference collection, for sure! Still have the tee-shirt, too. "Liberals have V-D." Hehe...
Anyway, yep, I'm back, at least kinda sorta. If that's okay, I mean.

Of course that's OK!
karen
Hello Dave. Nice to meet you!
Welcome back. wavehello.gif
Dave Ward
Thanks, everybody!

I was just starteled to discover that my old posts are actually still here, attributed to "Guest_Rev. Day-Bu_*". Wow. I'm impressed that the database has persisted and never had to be wiped entirely. Very cool.

A little sad that the members haven't persisted as well as the database -- not many of the first 100-200 users to register are still here. Or maybe they are but, like me, set up a new account at some point and are using that now?

Ah well... it's good to be back!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2008 Invision Power Services, Inc.