Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I don't usually do intro...
OLD American Century / White Rose Society message boards > Political Discussion forums > Welcome New Members!
InfoLandsknecht
Hello all. I have been coming to POAC for news for few years now and I discovered it through one of the great pictures.

I also post on the Colbert Nation boards (for any that recognize my username), so I have some experience with political boards, but I am glad that there will be legit. discussions here instead of arguments and neocon talking points (those boards do not have much moderation and some people do not get Colbert is satire).
sky of mind
Welcome to the White Rose InfoLandsknecht
toeg
Info,

Where do you hail from?
InfoLandsknecht
QUOTE(toeg @ Thursday, 4 January 2007, 8:36 pm) [snapback]83753[/snapback]
Info,

Where do you hail from?

The Central Coast of California. It's a very nice place.
toeg
Okay,

I'm sixth generation Californian, so I know the area a little bit. Which part of the Central Coast?
InfoLandsknecht
OK, I go to college at UCSC. My mom (who I spend breaks with since I live in a dorm) lives in Salinas and I have family in Marina, who I regularly visit.
toeg
Santa Cruz.

I really wanted to go there.

That is a special place of California. The 1930s dust bowl congregated around that area, especially in the movie, "The Grapes of Wrath."
InfoLandsknecht
QUOTE(toeg @ Thursday, 4 January 2007, 9:06 pm) [snapback]83778[/snapback]
That is a special place of California. The 1930s dust bowl congregated around that area, especially in the movie, "The Grapes of Wrath."

Yeah, that a lot of that crowd is what inspired Steinbeck. Also, on of my friends comes from one of those families. I would have mentioned the library controversy (for the cruel irony of it), but that goes right to politics, and this is the wrong forum for it.
toeg
Well info,

I would be more than happy to discuss what is going on in the world on the forum you wish. If this isnt the right one, then point me to the better one.
InfoLandsknecht
Well, I am mainly going off of this from the stickied thread here.
"Please understand that this forum is not for political discussions."

But if it is alright with all, I think keeping it my this thread would be fine, since it deals with issues from my hometown.

What I was going to say was that there is an amount of cruel irony that Salinas was the largest city not have public libraries and that it is Steinbeck country. The reason was a bad mayor for two terms, who sadly won a state legislature seat in the 2006 election.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2008 Invision Power Services, Inc.