Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Individualist joins group
OLD American Century / White Rose Society message boards > Political Discussion forums > Welcome New Members!
Spud Demon
Hello, I just joined this forum today, although I've been reading the POAC website every day for some time now.

Back in high school I was a fanatic Reagan supporter. I strongly agreed with his message of small, less-intrusive government. Unfortunately, he brought us the opposite. Not only did he increase defense spending (which was expected), he failed to reduce other government programs and racheted up the "war on drugs". He topped it all off with Iran/Contra where he broke his vow to never negotiate with terrorists as well of his oath of office to uphold the Consitution. I see that fiasco as one of the main reasons we get no respect in the middle east.

That was when I left the Republican camp. I now consider myself an individualist, and I vote Libertarian every chance I get.

Why not Democrat? If the Republicans are the "pro-spanking" daddy-government, the Dems are the "pro-suckling" mommy-government. (Anybody like the Rainmakers? "We'll turn 'em all into beggars 'cause they're easier to please...") I'm an adult, dangit. I work for what I want in life. I don't need spanking or suckling. And I don't want to pay taxes for it to happen to others, either, except when absolutely necessary.

If one side would just throw me a bone -- for example, come out in support of an adult's right to use marijuana, I'd be right there.
nygreenguy
I must welcome you, however, i dont think your ideals will be well received !
Spud Demon
QUOTE(nygreenguy @ Thursday, 16 November 2006, 5:25 pm) [snapback]79879[/snapback]

I must welcome you, however, i dont think your ideals will be well received !

Thanks, Green.

If we were all the same, there wouldn't be much point in having a forum. ohmy.gif
Abell9
laugh.gif laugh.gif I had to laugh at your intro and wether you are welcomed or not I don't know. I liked your blunt honesty and thats 90% of it to the good. Welcome here. I am not the Official welcoming committee but with yours I had to smile and extend a hand.
Gadzooks!
Smoke all the herb you want...and tell 'em I said it's OK. In fact, give Abell9 some.
Spud Demon
QUOTE(Gadzooks! @ Thursday, 16 November 2006, 6:53 pm) [snapback]79897[/snapback]

Smoke all the herb you want...and tell 'em I said it's OK. In fact, give Abell9 some.

OK Gadz, ya got my vote.

Is your name on the ballot, or do I have to write-in? tongue.gif
soon2b
QUOTE(Abell9 @ Thursday, 16 November 2006, 6:05 pm) [snapback]79890[/snapback]

laugh.gif laugh.gif I had to laugh at your intro and wether you are welcomed or not I don't know. I liked your blunt honesty and thats 90% of it to the good. Welcome here. I am not the Official welcoming committee but with yours I had to smile and extend a hand.

You voted for two Democrats and Independants, I nominate you for the Committee. Your ACLU card's in the mail.
sky of mind
Welcome to the forum Spud.
Actually I have a feeling you'll get along quite well, even if we don't always agree.
Abell9
QUOTE(Gadzooks! @ Thursday, 16 November 2006, 5:53 pm) [snapback]79897[/snapback]

eek.gif What? So I can chill out? biggrin.gif
sky of mind
QUOTE(Abell9 @ Friday, 17 November 2006, 5:23 am) [snapback]79937[/snapback]

eek.gif What? So I can chill out? biggrin.gif

Have an abundance of wine and maybe you can progress clear on to passed out!
Gadzooks!
I once knew a CSM who was wound up so tight he could fart Reveille...I just figured it came with the territory.
yankhadenuf
You might poke your eye out with a lit joint! bawling.gif
(Everybody hides their pot when Mom enters the room tongue.gif )
Welcome aboard!
Yank smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2007 Invision Power Services, Inc.