Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: not-so-new newbie
OLD American Century / White Rose Society message boards > Political Discussion forums > Welcome New Members!
johnpothole
I've got a couple of posts under my belt but never made a formal introduction. I found this site doing a google search for "American Fascism" perhaps a "history of" but I don't remember. This was around the time Ann Coulter was wishing something dubious happened to the New York Times (that bastian of seething liberalism), and I guess Michael Savage said something so intolerant and evil (calculated hate=evil) I found myself pushed to find the precedents for what I was witnessing. Other than this site, a great search result was www.rationalrevolution.net. I've spent more time here because the news culling service has links to sites I don't check out often. I check Think Progress and Raw Story a few times a day, usually with poac somewhere in between. I know I would be happier without news, but I have to think that if someone like myself can't stand to be informed the whole system is fucked. Nader said following politics should be like following sports, a matter of national interest and discussion. Instead the system seems to be set up to make people afraid to talk, 'what if he's a right-wing loon?',it is impolite to talk about politics, I should keep this to myself because people are of mixed opinion. That neuters democracy, or at least robs it of its intelligence. Liberal tolerance is being asked to accept Imperialistic, racist, classist, fascist, arguements as valid political speech. Yes, they have a right to say it, but not a right to have it be part of national debate.
I probably won't post often but it won't mean I'm not paying attention (pain and tension).
ira13ping
QUOTE(johnpothole @ Thursday, 16 November 2006, 12:28 am) [snapback]79747[/snapback]

I've got a couple of posts under my belt but never made a formal introduction. I found this site doing a google search for "American Fascism" perhaps a "history of" but I don't remember. This was around the time Ann Coulter was wishing something dubious happened to the New York Times (that bastian of seething liberalism), and I guess Michael Savage said something so intolerant and evil (calculated hate=evil) I found myself pushed to find the precedents for what I was witnessing. Other than this site, a great search result was www.rationalrevolution.net. I've spent more time here because the news culling service has links to sites I don't check out often. I check Think Progress and Raw Story a few times a day, usually with poac somewhere in between. I know I would be happier without news, but I have to think that if someone like myself can't stand to be informed the whole system is fucked. Nader said following politics should be like following sports, a matter of national interest and discussion. Instead the system seems to be set up to make people afraid to talk, 'what if he's a right-wing loon?',it is impolite to talk about politics, I should keep this to myself because people are of mixed opinion. That neuters democracy, or at least robs it of its intelligence. Liberal tolerance is being asked to accept Imperialistic, racist, classist, fascist, arguements as valid political speech. Yes, they have a right to say it, but not a right to have it be part of national debate.
I probably won't post often but it won't mean I'm not paying attention (pain and tension).

Hey, I'm new to this site as well. I'm glad to have made your acquaitance. thumbup.gif
sky of mind
My predominant news sources are, POAC, Rawstory, Truthout, Buzzflash, LeftEdgeNorth and Yahoo news. Plus I'm on quite a few political mailing lists, and I get about a dozen Google news alerts. Then there's always friends and family and internet friends. Oh yeah, and I got Randi Rhodes and Howard Dean on MySpace friends.
happymisanthropy
Welcome!

QUOTE(johnpothole @ Wednesday, 15 November 2006, 10:28 pm) [snapback]79747[/snapback]

I've spent more time here because the news culling service has links to sites I don't check out often.

I think what you meant to say was THANKS TJ!!!!
johnpothole
QUOTE(happymisanthropy @ Thursday, 16 November 2006, 2:16 am) [snapback]79761[/snapback]

Welcome!
I think what you meant to say was THANKS TJ!!!!

Absolutely.

Thanks TJ

Other news/politics sources, www.onlinejounal.com, www.opednews, www.truthout.org, www.carolynbaker.org, www.waynemadsenreport.com, www.democracynow.org ect.

Hope to have some interesting discussions here.
nygreenguy
Hello and welcome.
yankhadenuf
Howdy Johnpothole !(is that similar to PhD> Postholedigger~ tee-hee)
I found this site/forum googling PNAC... that is the answer to your "American Fascism" search:

http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm

POAC has a whole page on it:

http://www.oldamericancentury.org/pnac.htm

You probably found all this stuff, but just in case wink.gif

Welcome aboard!
Yank smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2008 Invision Power Services, Inc.