Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Save me from San Diego
OLD American Century / White Rose Society message boards > Political Discussion forums > Welcome New Members!
mattb
Hi-
I'm new to this board. I recently moved to San Diego from Boston and I desperately need like-minded progressives/radicals to keep me sane in this ultra-con wasteland!

Jubal
QUOTE(mattb @ Thursday, 26 October 2006, 5:58 pm) [snapback]77315[/snapback]

Hi-
I'm new to this board. I recently moved to San Diego from Boston and I desperately need like-minded progressives/radicals to keep me sane in this ultra-con wasteland!

Don't tell me, let me guess. You were headed for Sydney, but there was this ocean, see?

Welcome aboard. Please keep your brain belt fastened at all times.
sky of mind
QUOTE(mattb @ Thursday, 26 October 2006, 4:58 pm) [snapback]77315[/snapback]

Hi-

Welcome Matt, and lemme ask the most obvious question.
Why are you living where you seem to be so uncomfortable?
mattb
QUOTE(sky of mind @ Thursday, 26 October 2006, 11:06 pm) [snapback]77326[/snapback]

Welcome Matt, and lemme ask the most obvious question.
Why are you living where you seem to be so uncomfortable?

I moved here with my girlfriend so she could pursue her graduate studies. I had no idea what san diego was like. I mistakenly assumed it would live up to the "liberal California" image. I should have done my research, I guess. After about a minute of browsing sandiego.craigslist.org/pol I was pretty much ready for a nuclear assault.

I wonder if the bullshit conservative attitude has anything to do with the enormous military presence? hmmm....
POAC
QUOTE(mattb @ Friday, 27 October 2006, 10:43 am) [snapback]77348[/snapback]

I moved here with my girlfriend so she could pursue her graduate studies. I had no idea what san diego was like. I mistakenly assumed it would live up to the "liberal California" image. I should have done my research, I guess. After about a minute of browsing sandiego.craigslist.org/pol I was pretty much ready for a nuclear assault.

I wonder if the bullshit conservative attitude has anything to do with the enormous military presence? hmmm....

Welcome to the forum! I've heard San Diego is about as right leaning as American cities come. Hang in there. You'll find a few like-minded people there. And tons here. =-)
soon2b
A weekend in Ensenada should give you some relief. Welcome.
JayHawk
Yo, dude, or dudess, send me a PM, I have a very good friend in SD who may be able to assist.

j
Buzz Off
Politics aside, San Diego is a great place to visit. The beaches in the area are some of the best in the world. And as far as I'm concerned, the weather is the best in California because it is blessed with moderate temperatures all year around. As a matter of fact, I'm headin' down there on Sunday with my lady to spend a week in a cottage at the end of the famous Crystal Pier in Pacific Beach. The cottage sits directly over the water. For an old sailor like me, there's nothing more relaxing and soothing than hearing and feeling the waves break right under you as you drift off to sleep. There's also nothing quite like eating great seafood and drinking a glass of fine wine right on the ocean. Seeing and hearing the waves while you eat and drink makes it all taste better I think.
Omegabob
i feel ya man.. here in texas... but im keepin da peace biggrin.gif
DemRealist
QUOTE(mattb @ Thursday, 26 October 2006, 5:58 pm) [snapback]77315[/snapback]

Hi-

Matt, why don't you try attending meetings of the San Diego Coalition for Peace and Justice? Their website is www.sdcpj.org . Good luck! wink.gif
Abell9
QUOTE(mattb @ Friday, 27 October 2006, 10:43 am) [snapback]77348[/snapback]

I sure hope so. cool.gif Takes years to cultivate that bullshit conservative attitude.
sky of mind
QUOTE(Abell9 @ Sunday, 29 October 2006, 9:08 pm) [snapback]77600[/snapback]

I sure hope so. cool.gif Takes years to cultivate that bullshit conservative attitude.

And here I thought boot camp was only 6 weeks.
Then again I was married a lot longer than that!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2007 Invision Power Services, Inc.