Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great to be here! (from eastern Iowa)
OLD American Century / White Rose Society message boards > Political Discussion forums > Welcome New Members!
Jimjayhawk
I am a 40+ year old, white, married male with a couple of kids and I work in education. Beyond rarely missing an opportunity to vote in elections for the past 30 years, my political action has been limited to letters to the editor, bumper stickers, and an occasional check to local candidates.

If only Clinton had either kept his pants on or managed to keep his private affairs private we might not have ended up in this current mess.

I've been driven to the brink of insanity by the inanity of too many public boards inundated by those who only Parrot Fox News, Rush, O'Reilly, and Hannity. I hope that the energy I see building up results in some major changes after the mid-term elections.

I look forward to this forum.

Jim
sky of mind
QUOTE(Jimjayhawk @ Saturday, 9 September 2006, 9:52 pm) [snapback]72110[/snapback]

I am a 40+ year old, white, married male with a couple of kids and I work in education. Beyond rarely missing an opportunity to vote in elections for the past 30 years, my political action has been limited to letters to the editor, bumper stickers, and an occasional check to local candidates.

If only Clinton had either kept his pants on or managed to keep his private affairs private we might not have ended up in this current mess.

I've been driven to the brink of insanity by the inanity of too many public boards inundated by those who only Parrot Fox News, Rush, O'Reilly, and Hannity. I hope that the energy I see building up results in some major changes after the mid-term elections.

I look forward to this forum.

Jim

Welcome to the forum JimJawhawk!
nygreenguy
Welcome my midwest friend!
POAC
Welcome from Northwest Iowa! The forum slows down over the weekend, but it'll heat right back up Monday morning.
Buzz Off
QUOTE(POAC @ Sunday, 10 September 2006, 4:21 pm) [snapback]72190[/snapback]

Welcome from Northwest Iowa! The forum slows down over the weekend, but it'll heat right back up Monday morning.

POAC, whereabouts in Iowa are you? I'm originally from Fort Dodge but moved away when I was 18. I haven't been back since then.
POAC
QUOTE(Buzz Off @ Sunday, 10 September 2006, 11:03 pm) [snapback]72199[/snapback]

POAC, whereabouts in Iowa are you? I'm originally from Fort Dodge but moved away when I was 18. I haven't been back since then.

I'm in the ice cream capital!
odanny
Welcome from the Land of Lincoln.
Abell9
Welcome, Jim....Im the token right wing spokesman, spy, all around shame to his mother, and troll. Interesting place with a plethora of opinion, slants, and conversation. Glad you are here. cool.gif
Buzz Off
QUOTE(POAC @ Monday, 11 September 2006, 4:57 pm) [snapback]72271[/snapback]

I'm in the ice cream capital!

Ah yes, Le Mars! We drove through there one time on our way to Sioux City. Stopped and had lunch. Quaint little burg as I recall.
POAC
QUOTE(Buzz Off @ Monday, 11 September 2006, 10:36 pm) [snapback]72310[/snapback]

Ah yes, Le Mars! We drove through there one time on our way to Sioux City. Stopped and had lunch. Quaint little burg as I recall.

It's not too bad. It's been a few years, but I'm a city kid, so the adjustment is still taking place.
Buzz Off
QUOTE(POAC @ Tuesday, 12 September 2006, 4:54 pm) [snapback]72401[/snapback]

It's not too bad. It's been a few years, but I'm a city kid, so the adjustment is still taking place.

It wasn't bad living in Fort Dodge for the first 18 years of my life. But I didn't know anything else. Then when I left and saw the lights and sights of the BIG city for the first time, I instantly became a certified city slicker for life. Don't think I could live again in a real small town where you can't even blow a decent fart without everyone hearing it. laugh.gif
yankhadenuf
Welcome aboard, Jim of Iowa, land of the POACers!
yank smile.gif
Captain America
Howdy Jim, I'm the token Independent conservative who always tries to present the other side of the coin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2008 Invision Power Services, Inc.