Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: yet another newbie
OLD American Century / White Rose Society message boards > Political Discussion forums > Welcome New Members!
DoremusJessup
Greetings all from Boise, ID. I've only just now found the POAC site and have been reading both articles and posts (I've posted once, but for some reason seemed to annoy Rousseau) for the past few days. I love the site and am damn glad to be a member.
sky of mind
Howdy and Welcome DoremusJessup.

btw, Rousseau is one of the good guys. biggrin.gif
nygreenguy
hello!
fons_castaliae
Welcome, DoremusJessup.
Rousseau
Hey, DoremusJessop, welcome ! biggrin.gif You didn't annoy me at all, I just had a few hysterically funny moments imagining "Fearless George" reading Camus. I would guess he would about get to the 2nd page before getting "confused and numbed", maybe if we look at the PR photos (for they surely exist...) we'll see Doofus holding the book upside down, a puzzled frown on his puzzled face as he tries to understand Camus's attempts to argue his compassionate and humanitarian outlook against cynicism and nihlism...although, to be honest, GWB could do a lot worse than Albert Camus. In an ideal World, maybe Bush will be able to grow up as a Human-being, turn his back on the nihlist fascist reactionaries and illuminated idiots of the PNAC, and stride forth as his own man...er,nah.

The idea of the current "Leaduh of The Free World" being able to read anything beyond an Uncle Scrooge comic (and even then I doubt that he would get the subtlety...) beggers the imagination !! blink.gif
DoremusJessup
I apprciate your response. Obviously I mistook your response to that post as a rebuke. I misuderstood and apologize.

I guess we liberals in Idaho tend to be a little gun-shy.

QUOTE(Rousseau @ Wednesday, 16 August 2006, 4:09 am) [snapback]68423[/snapback]

Hey, DoremusJessop, welcome ! biggrin.gif You didn't annoy me at all, I just had a few hysterically funny moments imagining "Fearless George" reading Camus. I would guess he would about get to the 2nd page before getting "confused and numbed", maybe if we look at the PR photos (for they surely exist...) we'll see Doofus holding the book upside down, a puzzled frown on his puzzled face as he tries to understand Camus's attempts to argue his compassionate and humanitarian outlook against cynicism and nihlism...although, to be honest, GWB could do a lot worse than Albert Camus. In an ideal World, maybe Bush will be able to grow up as a Human-being, turn his back on the nihlist fascist reactionaries and illuminated idiots of the PNAC, and stride forth as his own man...er,nah.

The idea of the current "Leaduh of The Free World" being able to read anything beyond an Uncle Scrooge comic (and even then I doubt that he would get the subtlety...) beggers the imagination !! blink.gif
sky of mind
QUOTE(DoremusJessup @ Wednesday, 16 August 2006, 9:05 am) [snapback]68437[/snapback]

I apprciate your response. Obviously I mistook your response to that post as a rebuke. I misuderstood and apologize.

I guess we liberals in Idaho tend to be a little gun-shy.

Liberal + Idaho = Gun shy.
Yep, it adds up alright!
Abell9
Welcome. Dont worry about being rebuked, shot down, looked down on, insulted, castigated or emasculated. Most of these guys and guyetts will accept you at face value though anything you say will be tested, challenged, and validated with research I havent seen since I was........first married. blink.gif As the resident right wing knuckle dragger I am qualified to say, they will flame you but generally speaking, they are pretty nice about it. cool.gif
sky of mind
QUOTE(Abell9 @ Wednesday, 16 August 2006, 11:19 am) [snapback]68465[/snapback]

Welcome. Dont worry about being rebuked, shot down, looked down on, insulted, castigated or emasculated. Most of these guys and guyetts will accept you at face value though anything you say will be tested, challenged, and validated with research I havent seen since I was........first married. blink.gif As the resident right wing knuckle dragger I am qualified to say, they will flame you but generally speaking, they are pretty nice about it. cool.gif

True enough. Abell only got like this IPB Image after his first post
yankhadenuf
QUOTE(DoremusJessup @ Wednesday, 16 August 2006, 10:05 am) [snapback]68437[/snapback]

...I guess we liberals in Idaho tend to be a little gun-shy.

Bless your heart! laugh.gif You'll have to tell us what it's like to walk in your moccasins in Idaho. I bet you got plenty of stories ...
Welcome Aboard DJ ! smile.gif
Yank
odanny
QUOTE(sky of mind @ Wednesday, 16 August 2006, 1:32 pm) [snapback]68468[/snapback]

True enough. Abell only got like this IPB Image after his first post

Ha Ha, Abell is still sizzling too.... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2008 Invision Power Services, Inc.