Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello from another newbie
OLD American Century / White Rose Society message boards > Political Discussion forums > Welcome New Members!
Rousseau
Hello, or "Bonjour" from a wanderer currently living in France, home of the "Lumières" and some of the most progressive free-thinking on Humankinds states. biggrin.gif
I love this site, I've lurked here a while, and figured I'd finally put forth my little contribution. Maybe it will be worth nothing, perhaps we are all little noises drowned out by the hammering of the War-Machine, but I like to think not...I'd like to think that there is an alternative to über-violence and grinding of cogs in the armaments industry. I'm not utopic enough to believe that this kind of enlightenment will come about in my meager lifetime, but strongly believe that it's got to start somewhere !!

Why not here ? tongue.gif
leftinrightsouth
Awesome! I'm guessing you've borrowed your name from Henri? hehe

Welcome to the board!!!!!!!!!!
sky of mind
Welcome to the board
Rousseau

rcorporon
Maybe Jean Jaques Rousseau?

Welcome aboard.

You do know that to post more than 50 posts, you need to donate $20 to the site right? tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
Rousseau
Yup, Jean-Jacques thinking gives me ideas and inspires my personal philosophy. tinfoilhat.gif
And I like the works of Henri too ! tongue.gif
Thanks for the welcome. thumbup.gif
rcorporon
QUOTE(Rousseau @ Tuesday, 18 July 2006, 5:28 pm) [snapback]63877[/snapback]

Yup, Jean-Jacques thinking gives me ideas and inspires my personal philosophy. tinfoilhat.gif
And I like the works of Henri too ! tongue.gif
Thanks for the welcome. thumbup.gif

Ha ha lefty! You were wrong, and, as usual, I WAS RIGHT.

Bow down to my mental superiority and all around awesomeness.
Silly Jamison
how do i set a darn avatar on this board? i'd like to put up a picture
Silly Jamison
POAC
QUOTE(rcorporon @ Monday, 17 July 2006, 7:49 pm) [snapback]63812[/snapback]

Maybe Jean Jaques Rousseau?

Welcome aboard.

You do know that to post more than 50 posts, you need to donate $20 to the site right? tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Only 20? mad.gif
rcorporon
QUOTE(POAC @ Wednesday, 19 July 2006, 12:46 pm) [snapback]64009[/snapback]

Only 20? mad.gif

Sorry.

It's $20 for each 50 posts.
leftinrightsouth
geezus krist, that means sky owes...ok I'm counting...$10K. Sweet, I'll finally get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sky of mind
QUOTE(leftinrightsouth @ Tuesday, 18 July 2006, 9:59 pm) [snapback]64029[/snapback]

geezus krist, that means sky owes...ok I'm counting...$10K. Sweet, I'll finally get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At 10 bux a month, I guess I'm gonna be around a god damned long time!
wiretapthisDMW
Welcome Rousseau!

I agree; Fuck Wars.
nygreenguy
QUOTE(rcorporon @ Tuesday, 18 July 2006, 5:13 am) [snapback]63879[/snapback]

Ha ha lefty! You were wrong, and, as usual, I WAS RIGHT.

Bow down to my mental superiority and all around awesomeness.
wry2.gif
leftinrightsouth
QUOTE(nygreenguy @ Friday, 21 July 2006, 6:18 pm) [snapback]64512[/snapback]

wry2.gif

HAHA, Scorp, NY loves me more than you! tongue.gif

Thanks Greenie!!!!! love.gif
Panda
QUOTE(Silly Jamison @ Tuesday, 18 July 2006, 3:19 pm) [snapback]63949[/snapback]

Hello, Jamison. Welcome.
Click on "my controls" at the top of the page.
-On the Left Sidebar
Go to Personal Profile
-Edit Avatar settings.
Choose an avatar from one of our galleries
Or
Enter a URL to an online avatar image
Or
Upload a new image from your computer

You can change it any time.
sky of mind
QUOTE(Panda @ Friday, 21 July 2006, 7:08 pm) [snapback]64529[/snapback]

Hello, Jamison. Welcome.
Click on "my controls" at the top of the page.
-On the Left Sidebar
Go to Personal Profile
-Edit Avatar settings.
Choose an avatar from one of our galleries
Or
Enter a URL to an online avatar image
Or
Upload a new image from your computer

You can change it any time.

Thank you Panda!
I deliberately left this and wondered how long a reply would take.

Sure glad some one stepped forward!
Sara
Hello and Welcome smile.gif
yankhadenuf
Welcome, Rousseau in France! Oh, we'd luv to know what the French are thinking of us now biggrin.gif ... have we improved any, or are we all still boorish morons who voted for Bush? unsure.gif
Your insight from across the pond is sorely needed thumbup.gif
Again, Welcome Aboard!
Yank smile.gif
Rousseau
Hi Yank smile.gif
Strangely enough, Americans have never been disliked in France, only your current moron-in-chief gets that honour... biggrin.gif
The links between France and the USA are still strong, and I see that in all sorts of ways, and I don't think that people here, French, French Arabs, or other immigrants living under "Le tricouleur" aka the national flag of France, have really changed their opinion of the Americans. Sure, there was a huge dissapointment when Bush was voted back in, but we understand the adage that its not wise to change horsemen in the middle of an Apocalypse....and a lot of French bring back stories of your Nations education system, which we try real hard NOT to copy....so the dumbing down and then the scaring of your citizens into sheeple by the Neo-con cabal doesn't surprise us that much. What is odd is that the famous "American Spirit" (NOT Jack Daniels...) seems to have been diluted by Bushcorp into a feeble affair of quiet voices in the face of blatent and totally OTT pillaging by your current GOP, we can't understand how you have let the "Damn bit of paper" Constitution be shagged senseless by these animals, where is that Paul Revere spirit, where are the Minutemen, what has happened to the tea tipping ??? All we saw was perfectly drinkable wine being poured out into the gutters and "French fries" being re-named after we tried to help you out by saying "Be very careful, becoz I will say zis only once, Iraq could turn into, 'ow you say, a quaqmire..."

Now that we have been proven right, you notice how smug we are, and how we harp on about 'ow Great we are....no, well thats because we don't. Its only with sadness and increasing frustration that we watch totally predictable and easilly avoidable events unfolding, provoked by your most hated and incompetent pResident of all time straddling the bronco of destiny and whooping off into the sunset...maybe someone ought to tell Doofus that he's facing the wrong way....

I do see a light at the end of the tunnel though, but GWB and the members of the current GOP and their PNAC puppetmeisters don't have any part of it, except wearing balls and chains and singing harmony in the shower room.....

I'm glad to be here, and pleased to make your aquaintances, people of the future America. thumbup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2007 Invision Power Services, Inc.